The EIRIS Foundation is a leading UK charity working in the area of responsible investment.
The Foundation has over 25 years experience of providing free, objective and trusted information on ethical finance to members of the public. A not-for-profit organisation, its mission is to empower investors with independent assessments of companies and advice on integrating them with investment decisions.
Its subsidiary, Ethical Investment Research Services (EIRIS) Ltd, researches the environmental, social, governance and ethical aspects of over 3,000 companies globally. EIRIS provides services to fund managers, banks, pension funds, charities and NGOs worldwide.
Areas of interest
The Foundation regularly reviews the areas of work it is particularly interested in supporting. Current areas of interest include:
- Increasing the numbers of charities investing ethically
- Creating a new one-stop shop website on ethical money to promote responsible investment and encourage more consumers to choose ethical options as part of their financial planning
- Working with charities and NGOs to explore how best they can influence the direction of responsible investment
- Undertaking new research that is not yet commercially viable – we are currently looking at research into emerging markets, corporate HIV/AIDS policies and health and safety research
- Making responsible investment more widely practiced and/or more effective
- Disseminating existing and new responsible investment research to a wider audience
The EIRIS Foundation continues to lead the way in the development of responsible investment and corporate responsibility. A number of new projects are planned which will commence when we have secured adequate funding. By funding our work you will be contributing to the growth of ethical investment and all the positive benefits it brings. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.